Vibe Highlights

Thursday, January 20, 2022

I'm Allowed to have "Self Care?"

It's very important that as women (females) that we learn to take care of our Spiritual, Mental, Physical and emotional health...


In reflection of my years "growing up," not many of the women in my family really stressed this and I wasn't aware of this notion or idea of: SELF-CARE (the importance of setting boundaries, standing up for yourself etc) until I stepped into one too many toxic relationships.

Wait! Pause! Hold On!: Self Care, you mean 

  • I get to take a break from pretending to be okay all the time? 
  • I get to relax my mind from having to figure out solutions to everyone else's problems except my own?
  • I get to do things that I enjoy without feeling guilty, like watching a favorite TV show?
  • I get to sit in silence and enjoy my own energy?
  • I get to CREATE whatever I want, how ever I want, how often I want without anyone else's backward and tiresome opinions nor limitations?
  • I get to mediate, pray, praise without someone telling me to "be quiet" or "stop doing that...?"
  • I get to scream into my pillow when I'm frustrated and annoyed?
  • I get to enjoy being a beautifully flawed human without negative, jealous, cynical etc judgements?
  • I GET TO FIND OUT what I like what I like and WHO I AM?
Then sign me up for some SELF-CARE any day and any time!

We fill our lives with so many different opportunities from our jobs, to sports to relationships. Just think about this: You have several relationships throughout the day that require your attention. So of course we get exhausted and need SELF CARE. 

I actually think that SELF CARE days should be included with the "vacation days" and the "sick days." We can only wish, right? 

Now, I take full responsibility for the choices I made, whether I was aware of how detrimental the consequences of my choices were or not...yet if I would have known just how much stress, anxiety, depression, loneliness etc I was walking into I definitely would have a chosen a different route... 

But such is life & life is beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment